The OA Unit Representative
Basically, the OA Unit Representative Program was developed to be a bridge between your unit and the Lodge. It offers Arrowmen the opportunity to earn rank advancement in their unit along with strengthening the bond between the Lodge and the unit.
We are asking all Units to name a youth O.A. representative. This is a leadership position which can fulfill the leadership requirement for Star, Life, and Eagle. Scoutmasters, please get the the name and contact information for your unit’s O.A. representative to your chapter leadership using the OA Unit Representative registration form.
OA Unit Representative Job Description:
An Order of the Arrow Unit Representative is a youth liaison serving between the local OA lodge or chapter and his unit. In his unit, he serves as a communication and programmatic link to the Arrowman and adult leaders and Scouts or Venturers who are not presently members of the Order. He does this in a fashion that strengthens the mission of the lodge and purpose of the Order. By setting a good example, he enhances the image of the Order as a service arm to his unit.
OA Unit Representative Duties:
- Serves as a communication link between the lodge or chapter and the Unit.
- Encourages year round and resident camping.
- Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure programs.
- Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
- Assists with leadership skills training.
- Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions.
- Encourages Arrowmen in the Unit to be active participants in the lodge and/or chapter activities
- and to seal their membership in the Order by becoming Brotherhood members.
- Sets a good example
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath, Scout Law and OA Obligation
- Shows Scout Spirit
OA Unit Representative Qualifications:
- Under 18 years old
- Appointed by SPL with SM approval
- OA Member in good standing